Details of Our Therapy Team
The therapy suite is located close to the school grounds. New Forest Care is proud to have the dedication and close involvement of a highly qualified, skilled, experienced and professional clinical treatment team within child-care and mental health fields including:
- Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, who predominantly undertakes direct work during the assessment period and maintains psychiatric case overview following this (if required). The psychiatrist also trains staff groups at NFC.
- Consultant Educational Psychologist, who undertakes educational assessments and is available to support school (if required).
- Consultant Psychotherapist who is a State Registered Drama therapist and RNMH with over 35 year experience, within the NHS and private sector with children, young people and their families. He assists to influence effective working approaches alongside the multidisciplinary team. He also undertakes therapeutic needs assessments of young people, some direct work and family work if required.
- Head of the therapy department is a Senior (grade 8) RNMH with extensive experience of running an acute tier 4 in patient adolescent admissions ward in the NHS / private sector and working with adolescents with mental health issues. His role is to co-ordinate the therapy team whilst maintaining overview of all health and mental health needs of young people, oversee medication reviews and liaise with GP’s, YOT or CAMHS as necessary.
- Holistic, Integrative Art Psychotherapist offering EMDR, reiki, head massage and psychotherapy.
- Newly qualified in house Drama therapist has over 9 years experience within childcare, including facilitating offenders groups, teaching and Registered Manager status within residential care.
- Also available is a Consultant Clinical Psychotherapist (who was trained by Anna Freud), with over 26 years experience within private practice with children and young people.
- Social Workers with over 50 years experience between them of direct intervention with children, young people and their families.
- Equine therapy, CBT, solution focussed brief therapy etc can also be accessed where this is felt to be of benefit to the young person.
Clinical supervision is provided by the Consultant Psychotherapist for all work undertaken by the therapy team as well as providing clinical guidance to the staff teams by attending their staff meetings. Therapists also attend and facilitate young people’s house meetings.